Wednesday, November 19, 2014

NYTIMES - Obama's amnesty for 5 million illegal immigrants is much worse than you can imagine.

King Obama has decided to allow up to 5 MILLION illegal immigrants protection from deportation for breaking American law. But the entire anchor of this amnesty is allowing the parents and relatives of children born of illegals who are automatically citizens all the privileges.

WASHINGTON — Up to four million undocumented immigrants who have lived in the United States for at least five years can apply for a program that indefinitely delays deportation and allows those with no criminal record to work legally in the country, President Obama is to announce on Thursday, according to people briefed on his plans.

An additional one million people will get protection from deportation through other parts of the president’s plan to overhaul the nation’s immigration enforcement system, including the expansion of an existing program for “Dreamers,” young immigrants who came to the United States as children. There will be no longer be a limit on the age of the people who qualify.

As for being denied healthcare subsidizes? Obama has that covered.
Sylvia Mathews Burwell, the secretary of health and human services, was asked about health care coverage in a webcast with Latina bloggers last week.

She confirmed to the bloggers that immigrants who were covered by Mr. Obama’s 2012 executive actions could not receive subsidies from the HealthCare.gov marketplace. She called that decision “more than a health care issue” and said it had to be resolved in the context of immigration laws.

“I think everyone probably knows that this administration feels incredibly strongly about the fact that we need to fix that,” Ms. Burwell said. “We need to reform the system and make the changes that we need. It will lead to benefits in everything from health care to economics.”

However, she said that federal aid — including health care benefits — could be available to children who are United States citizens but living with parents who are illegal immigrants. Such so-called mixed families “should not be scared,” she said, because they may be eligible for coverage and financial assistance.

Sunday, November 9, 2014

The real story behind the idiot 90 year old Arnold Abbott and feeding the dangerous homeless in Fort lauderdale.

Fred Grimm puts together a nice recap of this "Good Samaritan" and his feeding of the homeless in Fort Lauderdale which only fuels turning downtown into more of a pit toilet. It is unclean and dangerous at this point in the city. Aggressive homeless people have helped to drive out businesses and people from coming downtown to the point it is dead after 5 pm. No one wants to go down there or walk around. The main library is not safe for kids or families to go to because of the homeless who eat, shit, urinate in and outside the complex. The main bus terminal is and surrounding area is a real life version of the walking dead. No one in their right minds go there without protection.

This 90 year old idiot is just perpetrating the problem even though they can be fed and housed elsewhere.

For years now, Miami and Fort Lauderdale have wrestled with the tension between the individual rights and needs of itinerants and a tourist-dependent community’s right to control the safety, sanitation and aesthetics of parks, beaches and public plazas. Back in 1993, Holiday Park, Fort Lauderdale’s central park, home to a complex of kiddie baseball, football and soccer fields, had become a sprawling vagrant camp. Homeless guys, often inebriated, slept in the Little League dugouts. They camped in bushes. They wandered through the playing fields.

Parents raised hell until the city finally erected a large tent (designed for wedding receptions) at the western edge of the park to serve as a shelter. It was a mistake that nearly did in businesses along that stretch of Federal Highway. Publix threatened to move its supermarket away (and later did). Finally, Fort Lauderdale relocated the tent to an asphalt parking lot between the FEC railroad tracks and City Hall.

The tent sheltered an amalgam of old drunks and young men on binges of alcohol and bad luck, druggies, cross-country drifters, the freshly down-and-out. It became rife with drugs and cheap booze and prostitution and violence. There was at least one murder, several stabbings. But with no alternative housing for the homeless, the tent stayed there for years — until December 1999, when the county finally opened a proper homeless shelter and assistance center on Sunrise Boulevard. (The old asphalt parking lot where the tent had stood remains a favorite homeless haunt. About 30 guys were there Friday afternoon, some lounging in camp chairs. “We just hang here,” a man who identified himself only as Sean told me with a shrug. “Some of us like to have a beer.”)

But in 1999, after the county’s new homeless center opened with 200 beds and a multimillion budget ($5.6 million last year) with shelter, food and an array of social services designed to get these folks off the streets, the city figured it finally had the homeless problem under control. Then Arnold and company, operating as Love Thy Neighbor, decided to run a weekly feeding at South Beach Park on A1A. Since then, Abbott and the city have been involved in one legal squabble after another.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/news-columns-blogs/fred-grimm/article3652443.html#storylink=cpy

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Google’s Android Begins to Top Out at 85% market share

I think Google will be fine though putting out a $650 phone is complete BS.

Google Inc. ’s dominance over the smartphone landscape appears to be topping out, but the company is gaining more control over the devices that run its Android mobile operating system.

Android ran 84% of smartphones shipped globally in the third quarter, according to research firm Strategy Analytics, down slightly from 85% in the second quarter.

“Android’s global smartphone market share is peaking,” said Neil Mawston, executive director of Strategy Analytics. “Unless there is an unlikely collapse in rival Apple iPhone volumes in the future, Android is probably never going to go much above the 85% global market share ceiling.”

Monster Moves to Restore a Faded Job Search Brand

Even in its heyday, Monster sucked as a job board because it was too confusing to use and most of the results looked like scams and shitty sales jobs.


In the late 1990s, it capitalized on the rise of the web to put employment ads and workers’ résumés into vast searchable databases online, effectively killing off print newspapers’ Help Wanted sections. Pumped up by fast growth, witty Super Bowl ads and general dot-com mania, the stock of its parent company hit $92 a share in early 2000.

Then the disrupter was itself disrupted. Competing websites, as well as aggregators that scanned many sites for job listings and put them in one place, began to eat into Monster’s business. LinkedIn was born and became a global behemoth by positioning itself as an upscale matchmaker that helped people build careers, not just find the next job.

Today, the company that owns Monster.com, renamed Monster Worldwide, is a shadow of its former self, and its stock trades for less than $4 a share. It still earns substantial revenue, $194.4 million in the second quarter of this year, from its job board and various other services. But now it wants to recapture some of its past luster by offering new cutting-edge tools for employers.

Its latest products, both rooted in start-ups acquired by Monster this year, use big-data snooping and social-ad targeting to improve the process of matching job openings and potential applicants.

After missing vaccine deadline, 400 Pr. George’s students could be held from class

Good, none of your unvaccinated rugrats are more important than everyone else's health.


Parents of about 400 students in Prince George’s County have been notified that their children will be barred from school this week because the children have not received their required vaccinations.

Angela M. Wakhweya, chief of school health policy, services and innovation for the Prince George’s school system, said the district made every attempt it could to warn parents of the Oct. 31 deadline issued by the state to show proof of vaccinations against measles, mumps, whooping cough and other communicable diseases.

Woman in Iran Sent to Prison After Going to Sports Event

Iran is a waste of land mass at this point.


An Iranian-British woman who was arrested in June when she tried to attend a men’s volleyball match in Iran has been sentenced to a year in prison, her lawyer said Sunday.

The lawyer, Mahmoud Alizadeh Tabatabaei, said that the sentence for the woman, Ghoncheh Ghavami, 25, had not been officially delivered to him, but that he was informed by a court official. The reasons for her sentence were not made public.

Mr. Alizadeh Tabatabaei, one of Iran’s most prominent lawyers, also said that new accusations had been raised against his client, but that she had not been notified of the nature of those accusations. “She will be retried,” he said in a phone interview.

Sunday, October 26, 2014

NYTIMES - How a Law Lets I.R.S. Seize Accounts on Suspicion, No Crime Required

Yeah, this should be outlawed and illegal yesterday.

The Internal Revenue Service agents did not accuse Ms. Hinders of money laundering or cheating on her taxes — in fact, she has not been charged with any crime. Instead, the money was seized solely because she had deposited less than $10,000 at a time, which they viewed as an attempt to avoid triggering a required government report.

“How can this happen?” Ms. Hinders said in a recent interview. “Who takes your money before they prove that you’ve done anything wrong with it?”

The federal government does.

Using a law designed to catch drug traffickers, racketeers and terrorists by tracking their cash, the government has gone after run-of-the-mill business owners and wage earners without so much as an allegation that they have committed serious crimes. The government can take the money without ever filing a criminal complaint, and the owners are left to prove they are innocent. Many give up.

CNBC - Car makers cut EV cars to make sales amid low gas prices.

Gas is dropping which will hurt sales of EVs.

With battery-car sales lagging expectations, automakers have been slashing prices in a bid to spur demand. The latest to announce a big discount is Ford, which will trim the manufacturers suggested retail price (MSRP) on its Focus Electric model by $6,000.

That's on top of the $4,000 discount the Detroit maker took on the compact battery-electric vehicle just a year ago. Originally introduced in January 2011 at $39,995, buyers now can plug in a Ford Focus Electric for just $29,995 — plus delivery charges and the usual fees and taxes. And Ford is by no means alone in this price war.

With rare exception, automakers have been cutting prices of both plug-in and pure battery-electric vehicle (BEV) models in a bid to boost sluggish sales. And with gas prices now near or below $3 a gallon in much of the U.S., industry analysts suggest it will be even more difficult to persuade buyers to opt for vehicles that plug in rather than tank up.

Monday, October 6, 2014

Pope Francis tells synod gathering not to impose what he called "intolerable moral burdens" on believers.

If Pope Francis thinks relaxing moral "burdens" will somehow bring more believers back in then he needs to look at the almost dead Church of England and the walking dead of the American Presbyterian Church to see what lax moral codes can do to religious entities. What sense to belong to a group that preaches values and morals that is flexible to pop culture?


Pope Francis has opened a gathering of more than 200 senior Roman Catholic bishops by urging them not to impose what he called "intolerable moral burdens" on believers.

The gathering, known as a synod, is discussing the Church's position on controversial issues.

They will be joined by lay Catholics to debate abortion, contraception, homosexuality and divorce.

The synod will last two weeks and no immediate changes are expected.

At a Mass opening the gathering, the Pope said he hoped bishops would participate freely in the discussions.

"Synod gatherings are not meant to discuss beautiful and clever ideas, or to see who is more intelligent," Pope Francis said. Rather, it's an opportunity to "work generously with authentic freedom and humble creativity," he said.

Previous synods have had set agendas, with proceedings tightly controlled by the powerful cardinals of the Roman Curia, the central government of the Church, correspondents say.

NYPOST - ‘Active consent’ is a solution to an exaggerated problem

what is going to happen with this yes means yes is soon, someone will be accused of rape/sexual assault that will get them and the school sued into the next century to bring this nonsense under control. What needs to happen is schools and law enforcement work closer on any rape allegations under the law, not arbitrary school code kangaroo "courts."


The new SUNY rules, just like the ones passed last month for state schools in California, seem to imply that most of the sexual encounters that have taken place in human history were, well, rapes.

Our lawmakers seem to have decided that they can make sexual assault seem like a more urgent problem if they put as many people into the category of victims as possible. The “one in five” figure so often heard in referring to campus sexual assaults is absurd on its face. If our neighborhoods had those kind of rape statistics, we wouldn’t let our daughters leave the house. Why would we send them to college?

But Cuomo buys it: “There has been an epidemic of sexual violence in this country that is truly disturbing and is inarguable,” he said. Cuomo does not cite much evidence for his statement and far be it from me to argue with anything the governor says is “inarguable,” but in 2010, the Bureau of Justice Statistics reported 188,380 rapes and sexual assaults on females and males in the entire country.

That’s a rate of 0.05%.